Due to people booking and not turning up, overnight accommodation at Skanda Vale is now only available to devotees who wish to stay for extended stays of four nights or longer and participate fully in our work and worship. If you would like a shorter stay, please check for availability at our new guesthouse, Skanda Hafan.
Please read the pilgrims guide before you apply
How to apply
- Please apply at least one week before you want to stay.
- No bookings more than 3 months in advance.
- Only one booking at a time – multiple bookings will not be accepted.
- No groups of more than 5 people.
- Large families may be asked to share double bunk beds.
- Accommodation, meals and temple services are offered completely free of charge.
Basic rules for staying overnight
- Skanda Vale supports family life, so we don’t allow pilgrims to stay here at the expense of neglecting their responsibilities at home.
- Elderly or disabled pilgrims must come with a family member or friend.
- You must properly clean the accommodation before leaving.
- You must offer at least 4 hours of Seva (voluntary service) each day, and attend all pujas in the Lord Murugan Temple whilst here.
- You must inform us immediately if you have to cancel your booking.
- We will warn or ban anyone who disregards the ashram accommodation rules.
Check-in / check-out times
- Check-in times are between 4pm – 5pm and 7:30pm – 8pm.
- You must vacate your room by 12pm on your day of departure.
- The accommodation office closes at 8pm. If you are late, you won’t be able to stay with us.
What to bring
- We do not provide bedding.
- You must bring your own sheets, duvets, pillowcases and / or sleeping bags.
- If you are travelling on the train you must at least bring sheets and pillowcases.
Apply for accommodation:
Please ensure you fill in every section of this form to ensure successful delivery.