A rare opportunity is available for a small number of people to live on a beautiful rural smallholding, just 8 minutes from Skanda Vale Ashram, completely free of charge – no bills and food supplies included.
The smallholding is an ideal base from which to run a range of small businesses and initiatives. Our plan is to use the income from these businesses to fund an increase in the level of care we offer at our charity project Skanda Vale Hospice.
The smallholding has good quality self-catering accommodation that is not readily available elsewhere in the area. We think it would be ideally suited to large family groups on pilgrimage to Skanda Vale. Furthermore:
- The communal space would be a great venue for various workshops, retreats and classes.
- The land lends itself well to hosting outdoor weddings and other events.
- The outbuildings offer the potential to house a range of creative initiatives, including a furniture recycling business.
Who we are looking for:
- Initially, we’re looking for live-in manager(s) to develop and manage the accommodation business on behalf of the hospice.
- We’re also looking for non-resident volunteers who see potential in the smallholding to develop other business and creative initiatives.
We hope to complete the purchase of the property in early September and open for business in early October, so potential volunteers should be ready to start soon.
The application process
There has been a great deal of interest in the roles, so to streamline the recruitment process we'd like to ask you to complete an application form.
The deadline to submit your form is Tuesday 23rd July.
Shortlisted applicants will then be contacted for a phone interview, when full role descriptions will be made available.
Panel interviews for selected candidates will then be held in Skanda Vale Hospice, to include a tour of Skanda Vale Ashram, the centre itself and the hospice.
Share this Post