A special festival for the purification, empowerment and protection of the grounds and boundaries of Skanda Vale Ashram.
Thursday 26th March – Saturday 4th April.
With guest of honour Mohanji from the 1st to 4th of April. Featuring daily Homa fire ceremonies and purification pujas led by Swamis and Community members of Skanda Vale, in conjunction with Swami Lambothara and Swami Kumar from Sri Kalpaga Vinayagar Hindu Temple.
Activities will be based at the Lord Dattatreya Homa Kund (fire pit), outside the Sri Ranganatha Temple. We start each day after breakfast (around 8am) and finish before the 6pm Maha Shakti Puja.
- Ganapathi procession from Ganesh Terrace and Homa at Dattatreya.
- Bhoomi Ganesh Mahabishekam.
- Homa and Mahabishekam at the samadhi of Guru Sri Subramanium.
- Holy waters from Sri Lanka and India blessed.
- Holy waters sprinkled around the Ashram buildings and animal enclosures.
- Invocation to Kala Bhairava and Devas.
- Installation of a sacred Trishul near the Maha Shakti Temple.
- Mahalakshmi Puja.
- Offerings to the Devas and Kala Bhairava.
- Sprinkling of holy water around the Ashram boundaries.
- Divine weapons Puja.
- Kumbham water sprinkled around Ashram.
- Kumbham pujas.
- Sacred water sprinkling.
Wednesday 1st April
- Vaasthu Shanthi puja.
- Straw effigy burnt.
- Mahabhishekham to Lord Rama.
- Bhagavad Gita Homa.
- Conch planting ceremony.
- Shanmukha Homa.
- Kumbham procession to Lord Murugan Temple.
- Lord Shanmukha full moon Kumbham Mahabhishekham.
- Chanting of Sri Skanda Guru Kavacham.
- Chandi Homa with Devi Mahatmyam and Shakti Kavacham.
- Kumbham procession to Maha Shakti Temple.
- Maha Shakti full moon Kumbham Mahabhishekham.
- There will be no separate 9.30am Sri Ranganatha Pujas during the festival. Daily worship at the Sri Ranganatha Temple will be incorporated into the morning program of the festival, timings will vary.
- The full moon Shanmukha Mahabishekam has been moved from 1.30pm on Sunday to Friday at 1.30pm. This puja will incorporate the Shiva Lingam and a Kumbham Mahabishekam.
- During the festival period, specific timings of pujas and details of the festival are subject to change. Please check the printed program at the Temples on a daily basis for up to date information.
We need some help to prepare for the festival, so we’ll be holding a working weekend on 21st – 22nd March. If you are able to join us, please apply for accommodation – we’d be very grateful for any help you can offer.
We look forward to welcoming you to Skanda Vale.Check the puja calendar for other daily pujas
Share this Post