Google Maps and SatNavs will bring you to the main entrance of Skanda Vale, but this is only suitable for cars and minibuses. The main entrance is too narrow for coaches over 17 seats – you risk causing damage to your vehicle and delays to your group.
The Community of the Many Names of God, Skanda Vale, Llanpumsaint, Carmarthen,
SA33 6JT, Wales, UK
Travelling by Car
When you drive to Skanda Vale, please respect our neighbour’s peace and privacy:
- Drive with care along the country lanes – there are lots of animals in the surrounding countryside.
- Be prepared to reverse to a passing place when you meet an oncoming vehicle.
- Please take your rubbish home with you.
- When you leave the ashram, follow the signs for the M4 Motorway.
- Do not use your horn.
- Remember that our neighbours’ fields and yards are private – Do not knock on doors if you get lost, especially early in the morning or late at night.
- Please be polite and bear in mind that you are seen as representatives of Skanda Vale.
There are two coach companies offering regular transport from the major cities to Carmarthen (our nearest big town). Coach fares start from about £20 return from London, and the journey time is approximately 6 hours.
Taking the train is more expensive, but there are more services, and the journey time is on average 2 hours shorter. Tickets cost around £40 from Carmarthen to London.
You can get a taxi from Carmarthen train station to Skanda Vale for between £20 and £30. This is the easiest way to complete your journey.
For those on a tight budget, there is a local bus service that runs from Carmarthen to Llanpumsaint, our nearest village. The bus runs 3 times daily and takes approximately 20 minutes. You then have to walk 3 miles from Llanpumsaint to Skanda Vale ashram, along some muddy, narrow lanes. We don’t recommend this option, but if you’re determined then check the local bus times.